Thursday, November 8, 2007

3 Days To Go

Tuesday, I ran around my Honda dealership while my SUV was being serviced...an improvised run that included a couple of laps around Columbia Park, site of one of my high school cross country meets. Interestingly, this is the second time this week I have revisited portions of cross country courses. On Sunday, I actually touched two (Palos Verdes and South High).

I never thought I would say this, but I am starting to look forward to running my first half-marathon. I have run well more than 5 miles every other day this week and my pace has improved with each outing. My legs and feet feel good, my breathing is under control, and flat nines now seem very achievable. Heck, some of the hills I used to complain about no longer seem nearly as challenging as they had been (I managed my first mile in 8:33 despite having to climb the steep incline that begins my home orbit)...I just have to make sure not to go out too fast since the race is on a flat course.

This is my last post before the race...wish me luck!

No comments: