Thursday, December 6, 2007

100th Mile From Orbits

Today, my Forerunner 205 has logged my 100th mile exclusively from orbiting my house. I probably did not total 100 miles in any previous year since graduating from high school, so this is definitely a significant milestone in my return to running. Also consider that I have only owned my watch since the beginning of September, note the frequency of these runs despite longer distances involved (hard to believe I used to be satisfied jogging one 1.5 mile orbit a week) and remember that, during many of these weeks, these were hardly the only miles I have recorded.

Over the past few months, I have run more than 77 miles on road and trails that do not connect to my neighborhood...including three races that total the length of a marathon. I am pretty pleased. Hopefully rain and the upcoming snowboarding season will not derail my progress.

No comments: