Thursday, September 11, 2008

Marathon Training Complete


My first full marathon is on Sunday (just a few days way), so this morning's run is officially my last until the big day...to give my legs one last chance to rest before making them suffer! My training on Maui has taken me close to the northern end of the Honoapiilani Highway to as far south as the Kahana Gateway (and even further if you count the Hana Relay...blog entry still being worked on), but I have yet to run upon any segment of the 26.2 mile stretch between Kahului and Kaanapali that defines the Maui Marathon.

I am getting somewhat used to the humidity, but I have not yet run in the late morning heat (my 11:20AM leg of the Hana Relay was in a full downpour). Unfortunately, low winds and higher humidity is forecast for the weekend. I am crossing my fingers that, during the race, I will be able to get through Lahaina before it gets too hot.

Until Sunday morning, I am going to take it easy and spend a lot of time in the pool. I have managed to stay healthy and injury free this long, so I do not need to take any chances. I have to pick up my race packet either tomorrow or on Saturday...and then it is once again time to carbo-load!

Friday's run: 4.08 miles (8:44/mi)
Hana Relay: 9.49 miles (8:15/mi)
Tuesday's run: 10.6 miles (9:34/mi)
Today's run: 6.21 miles (8:49/mi)

Total on Maui: 29.36 miles (8:52/mi)

Total YTD: 542.43 miles (9:42/mi)

No comments: