Thursday, October 23, 2008

Resuming Lunch Hour Dog Runs

My crazy ultra running coworker has been trying to get me to run with him since I left for my Maui Marathon vacation in early September, but today is the first day that both of our schedules have allowed it...and, perhaps more importantly, my legs have felt good enough that I can try and keep up with him.

Unfortunately, Santa Ana winds are present today, accompanied by wildfires (fortunately, the one in nearby Sepulveda Pass is extinguished before lunch hour) and 90+ degree dry heat. My coworker and I mutually decide to shorten today's run to only 7 miles...and we allow ourselves to stop at every traffic light on the way back to the office.

Despite the harsh conditions, I am able to clock my fastest post-marathon run and one of my faster lunch hour runs. Even better, I do so with absolutely no pain at all in my left knee, not even a slight tingle. Flat sections of my previous post-marathon runs have bothered it, so I am pleased. And this workout features more than two miles on concrete!

No comments: