Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blown 18 Mile Attempt

I planned on running 18 today, but ended up just shy of 15. Strong (and chilly) gusts provided numerous challenges (along the Esplanade I needed to lean into the wind to keep from being knocked over...while holding on to my hat). The roads and sidewalks were littered with debris (I even witnessed palm fronds falling nearby). I probably could have completed the full 18, but I did not look forward to attempting a significant incline against a 30mph headwind.

Today's goal was not to achieve any specific pace, but to simply see if my post-marathon joints could endure 18 miles with little or no issues....to finalize a decision on whether or not I should attempt a 30Km trail race in two weeks. Totaling 22 miles last week while setting some personal records was pretty encouraging, but, after failing today, I am convinced I should pass on this upcoming event.

No comments: