Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Small World

It turns out that I may have crossed paths with my trail-running coworker back in high school cross country. Though he was a freshman when I was a senior and despite attending schools located more than 50 miles apart, we competed at several of the same invitationals including:
  • Woodbridge Invitational, Irvine, CA
  • Bell-Jeff Invitational, Griffith Park, CA
  • Kenny Staub Invitational, Crescenta Valley, CA
  • Palos Verdes Invitational, Palos Verdes, CA
  • Mt SAC Invitational, Walnut, CA (freshman year only...so I wouldn't have seen him here)
Furthermore, I learned that both of us may have ran against a friend of a friend who has been running with the Nike 5 mile sub-8 minute group. He attended high school 40 miles in the opposite direction (90 from my coworker), yet he also ran at Woodbridge and Mt SAC. It is very possible that we also faced off at track meets because we ran distance track!

No comments: